Monday, October 12, 2009

Tinkerbelle

This Tinkerbelle costume had to be on of the cheapest ones yet. We didn't care for the frilly poufy Tinkerbelle costumes you could find in the stores. They didn't look quite right.

I found a little green nighty at Goodwill. After getting it past the creepy-feely check-out guy, I took it home and took it in on the sides, stitched up the front so it was less revealing, and shortened the straps.

Next came the wings. We had some left over from a previous fairy, I just spray painted them blue.

Finally the shoes. I found some cheap slip-on shoes for like a dollar and died them green. I then raided our craft cabinet and found little poof balls in blue.

Some tights to keep warm and a pony tail completed the project for a very realistic looking Tinkerbelle at around six dollars.

No comments:

Post a Comment